Sunday, December 2, 2012

Strangers' Reunion


We finally got to visit this indie coffee joint owned by a friend of mine. It's quite a tiny space, filled with eclectic furniture that don't match. The coffee was great (Mky said it was better than what she had at Jewel Coffee), and we also tried the Red Velvet Cake which Mky really loved cos it was fluffy and not over-dark in colour. I liked the sweet icing. =9 Check out the latte artwork above, really lovely.
However, due to the small enclosed area (and perhaps we were just at a really crowded time), the sound control was horrible. Mky and I could hardly hear each other speak. I walked up to the counter to place my order (apparently you should just sit at your table and wait for someone to take your order), and got a really rude look from one of the staff who seemed to be quite affected by the maddening crowd. I don't blame her, but I can tell you, it turned me off immediately.

The coffee is recommended, but try to visit during less hectic periods.

Strangers' Reunion
37 Kampong Bahru

 Tel: 62224869

No comments:

Post a Comment